Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Sportsvite

                                      THE KILLER GUPPIES

Because, apparantly, I have a high readership of this blog, I get some neat e-mails from time to time.  So I like to pimp those who take the time to drop me a line and pass along some interesting events going on around the country.

I had the Human NCAA Bracket e-mailed to me.  I had the guy who ran the Harlem Ambassadors drop me an e-mail informing me of the plight of his team's ability to get major gigs since the Globetrotters were painting them into corners.  Some friends from "across the pond" wondered if I'd cover The Ashes. 

Here is another one.  It is Sportsvite.  It is a place where people around the nation can get plugged into their local sports scene.  Say you are a softball player who just moved to a new city and want to find out how to get into a local league.  Well, use Sportsvite to find teams in your area that are looking for players.  Or, say, you are organizing a paintball gathering.  You can use this site to contact possible interested parties.  Maybe you are starting a basketball league and you need some more players.  Maybe you just need a tennis partner. Maybe you play a non-popular sport like rugby or cricket.  Try out the site.

I searched around my local area and found several people who are interested in various sports.  It really looks like a place where people can get plugged into their local sports scenes.  So, try it out.

Here is the e-mail that was sent to me.

Hey SportzAssassin –

My name is Keith and I'm a founding team member of Sportsvite.com, a free Web service that helps people organize and play more sports.  The site currently has about 10,000 members and over 800 league teams, and it's growing rapidly.  I thought your readership might find it of interest. 

Sportsvite was set up from a personal experience of not being able to organize and manage our sports games effectively here in New York City.  Aside from helping teams to better organize their games, we created it to help people find other like-minded and like-skilled players.  People become members of the site to set up their games, set their season schedule, send out reminders, collect rsvps, find other players, upload online photos / video, and host post-game chats.  Think of it as a combination of evite / meet up / myspace, but focused completely on sports

We find that the people who are really into reading about and following pro and college sports are also into playing and organizing their own games.  Also, we are adding a number of community features centered around being a sports fan, including a tool to help organize outings to games.  We’d love to get feedback from your readers on what we can do to continually improve the site.

I'd love to get your thoughts on the site after you get a chance to check it out.  I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks and take care,
Keith Emmer
keith@sportsvite.com
212-920-9205

No comments: