Monday, May 22, 2006

Ozzie and LaRussa

                              

OZZIE SMITH:  "At some future point, when things change, when management changes, I'm more than willing to come back because it's where I belong. I know it's where I belong. That time will come. When it does, I'll welcome it with open arms."

TONY LARUSSA:  "Speaking personally, I don't think he would be good for our ballclub.  For him to repeat those comments is really unreasonable. That invitation is no longer there. He's not welcome."

"When my time is up, they can welcome him with open arms, but I don't want to be anywhere that he is.  I won't ever be around when he's around. Cardinals fans can embrace him all they want to, and it won't be uncomfortable because I won't be there."

"I won't be in the area. I want to be able to look at myself in the mirror."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He should send Ozzy Osbourne in his stead to all team functions.