Saturday, July 1, 2006

I Guess Dirk Really Does Have Stones

                  

"Do I think it's a bit much sometimes? Yeah.  He's got to learn how to control himself as well as the players do. We can't lose our temper all the time on the court or off the court, and I think he's got to learn that, too. He's got to improve in that area and not yell at the officials the whole game."

"There are no perfect people in the world, and Mark would be the first to admit that," said Donnie Nelson, team president of basketball operations. "Sometimes Mark's passion just gets the best of him, but I'd rather have him than some owner who sits on his hands and comes to five games a year.  He's the best owner in professional sports, and I wouldn't trade him for anyone out there."

"You guys know Mark.  He loves it...down there. We tried to get him up [in a suite] for a couple of games and he's too fired up. He has to be in the mix. We love that about him, too, but just every once in a while he needs to relax a little bit."

"He sits right there over by our bench, too.  Sometimes I think that's a bit much, but we all told him this before. It's not rocket science.  The game starts and he's already yelling at [the officials]. He needs to learn how to control himself a little better. If somebody's in your ear constantly...I'd be [ticked] off if I were an official."

"We all know what Mark brings to the table.  He's the greatest owner to all of us. How he supports us and how he spends money around the team to get us to that level, we all love that about him.  Obviously, we live with who he is. We love him that way, but do I think it's good for us always? No."

No comments: