Sunday, August 20, 2006

Sportz Assassin's WNBA Playoff Assessment

               

I don't know....and I don't care.

I could sit here and lie to you.....but I won't.  I don't care about the WNBA.  Not at all.  I don't watch it.  Never have.

Oh, I've caught a minute or two here and there....but not an entire game.  And I am not that chauvanistic guy that says that women's sports suck.  Women's tennis is usually much more exciting than men's....and there are various women's Olympic events I watch.  I'm not smacking on lady hoops.  I probably catch 10-15 games of the NCAA women hoops games and keep up with the Lady Heels [and usually check out the UConn-Tennessee games and the women's Final Four]. 

I just don't watch the WNBA.  If not for a link on ESPN.com....I would've had no idea that the playoffs were going on right now.  I lived in Charlotte....and never once thought about going to a Sting game.  To be honest, I probably cannot name all the teams [most of them, but I'm not sure if the Portland Fire, Seattle Storm and Miami Sol still play].  The closest I've come to watching a WNBA game was renting "Juwanna Man". 

And it's not that I think it should go away.  Far from it.  Women's basketball is probably the biggest women's team sport in America [the soccer is pretty good too] and to have a pro league is great.  They are nice players too....and I've always said that women are better shooters than men. 

I just don't watch it. 

No comments: