Tuesday, June 7, 2005

SEAN MAY TO STAY IN NORTH CAROLINA???

              Bernie Bickerstaff; Sean May

Apparantly Sean May wants to stay in North Carolina.  Well, maybe not in Chapel Hill....but in a recent workout for the Charlotte Bobcats, May was very excited in the concept of sticking in the state.  Some comments from May:

* "I think it would be good for the franchise to have a Carolina basketball player here, especially someone the fans can relate to since they have seen them play the last few years.  What other great person can that be besides me?"

* "I would be willing to drop to 13 to come here.  This for me would be my ideal spot just because it is Carolina and what North Carolina University has meant to me and what this state means to me. For me to come here and help another team in the state of Carolina would be a blessing."

* "I told [the coaches] they've got five and 13, two lottery picks, and with the talk of us three guys going in the top 15, they've got to take one.  "I can't see it not happening."

* "Emeka and I could play together.  We both are tremendous rebounders. That is one thing I am going to do and have done my entire career is rebound the basketball."

*******************************

In mock drafts.....May is all over the board.  Some have him as high as #4.....others have him as low as #24.  In our own SPORTZ XTRA:  NBA DRAFT HEADQUARTERS, May went #14 to the Minnesota Timberwolves [selected by DMHamack]. 

Go to JustBBall - Classifying Potential Draft Busts for an interesting take on "potential draft busts" and lists May as the "March Madness Hero" bust.  Guys like Danny Ferry, Tyus Edney, Eric Montross, Mateen Cleaves and Ed O'Bannon rocketed up the draft due to solid Final Four runs. 

No comments: