Friday, October 9, 2009

Sportz' Belated NHL Predictions


I'm not going to pretend that I'm an NHL guru. I like the NHL, especially during the Stanley Cup playoffs but I'm not as into it as I am with other sports.

So below is my very uninformed guess at how the standings will shake out this year (*-denotes a playoff team).

NORTHEAST: 1-Bruins*, 2-Canadians*, 3-Sabres*, 4-Senators, 5-Maple Leafs

ATLANTIC: 1-Penguins*, 2-Flyers*, 3-Devils*, 4-Rangers, 5-Islanders

SOUTHEAST: 1-Capitals*, 2-Hurricanes*, 3-Panthers, 4-Thrashers, 5-Lightning

CENTRAL: 1-Red Wings*, 2-Blackhawks*, 3-Blues*, 4-Blue Jackets, 5-Predators

NORTHWEST: 1-Canucks*, 2-Flames*, 3-Wild*, 4-Oilers, 5-Avalanche

PACIFIC: 1-Ducks*, 2-Sharks*, 3-Stars, 4-Kings, 5-Coyotes
I'm going to go out on a limb and predict a Red Wings-Penguins Finals for the third straight season. Though it wouldn't surprise me to see the Blackhawks, Bruins or Caps there instead.


No comments: