Monday, June 5, 2006

"Stump The Schwab" Is Back

                                        

I got this e-mail today about ESPN's game/trivia show "Stump The Schwab".  I thought I'd pass the notice along for those who are interested in being on the show.

I have to say that I enjoy the show....in the same way I enjoy watching Jeopardy.  Pretty much just to see how I stack up.  Some things I do really well on, others I don't.  And I'd get pummelled in those golf and tennis questions.  Anyways....here is the information if you are interested.

Attention Sports Fans:

Season Four auditions for ESPN's popular sports trivia game show "Stump the Schwab" are coming to Dallas this Thursday, June 8th (see below for entire city & date list of upcoming open auditions). If you could pass along the following information to any and all sports fans 18 yrs or older, including students, faculty, alumni, sports enthusiasts, friends, relatives, athletes, etc., it would be MUCH appreciated. Thank you for your time and help, and we hope to see you at our OPEN AUDITION this Thursday, June 8th, in Dallas! Please feel free to write back with any questions.

Daniel Goodman
Casting Associate, Stump the Schwab
stumptheschwab@yahoo.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STUMP THE SCHWAB
OPEN AUDITIONS
THE MASTER OF SPORTS TRIVIA, THE SCHWAB, IS BACK!
THINK YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO STUMP THE SCHWAB?
BE ON ESPN CLASSIC AND CLAIM THE TITLE AS
THE GREATEST SPORTS MIND AROUND!

Can YOU Stump the Schwab?
Take the test in a city near you and find out...

June 8 DALLAS
Cape Buffalo Grille
17727 Addison Rd
Dallas, TX 75287

June 13 BOSTON
Champions/Marriot
110 Huntington Ave,
Boston, MA 02116

June 15 BALTIMORE
Keep checking
www.espn.com  search: SCHWAB for location

June 19 CHICAGO
ESPN Zone
43 East Ohio Street
Chicago, IL 60611

June 22 MIAMI
Keep checking
www.espn.com  search: SCHWAB for location

June 26 ATLANTA
ESPN Zone
3030 Peachtree Road
Atlanta, GA 30305

June 28 PHILLY
Keep checking
www.espn.com  search: SCHWAB for location

June 29 NEW YORK
ESPN Zone
1472 Broadway
New York, NY 10036

Come anytime between 3:00pm and 9:00pm, all locations.

You can find the application online,
www.espn.com, search: Schwab.  Fill it out and bring it to the casting call.
Or you can fill out the application at the casting.

Can't make it to these casting calls?  Email us and we can set up an appointment in New York City,
stumptheschwab@yahoo.com.

You must be at least 18 years old.

                        

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet.....i wish I could go on there. But im only 12! LOL

--- Nick "ESPN Nut"

http://journals.aol.com/redwingsnut93/ESPNNutsSportsBlog

Anonymous said...

Does it count if I stump the Scwab because he can't understand the questions I ask him with this stupid accent God cursed me with?

Bob Cousy, who was as Boston/French as I am, could never say "Rory Sparrow." He couldn't even come close- "War-wee Spa Woe" is how he said it. He sounds great compared to me.

Anonymous said...

Also, Sportz.... ever consider trying this out yourself? I bet you'd eff this guy in the A.