Monday, June 26, 2006

Lou Pinella Ain't Got Nothing On Me!!!

                              Joe Mikulik, Asheville Tourists manager

CLICK TO WATCH VIDEO OF Minor League Manager Goes On Tirade

I saw this last night on ESPN....saw this on AOL's Welcome Screen today....and my wife sent this to me via e-mail.

Since I live about, oh, an hour from Lexington....I'll throw this up there.

It is Asheville Tourists manager Joe Mikulik going BALLISTIC in Lexington against the Lexington Legends.

The Legends have gained fame of late after Roger Clemens began his major league comeback by pitching for Lexington earlier this month.  Clemens sone, Koby, continues to play for the Legends.  And, on a personal note, my uncle...Russ Nixon...was the Legends manager about 2 years ago. 

Anyways, watch the video and enjoy the fun watching dude get bent.  He throws his hat.  He dives to 2nd base.  He "steals" 2nd base.  He throws 2nd base.  He kicks dirt on the ump.  He covers home plate with dirt.  He tosses bats all over the field.  He grabs a water bottle from the dugout and makes homeplate a muddy pit...then cleans it.  Then does a catchers stance behind the plate before spiking his water bottle.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I was coaching and got angry, I'd see to it that the team went back to school and had processed American Chop Suey. If I got mad at the ref, I'd just skip the gym without paying him/her.