Monday, June 1, 2009

King James Says He's Not 'a Sore Loser'


Here is LeBron James statement on his actions following Cleveland's Game 6 loss to Orlando:
"It's hard for me to congratulate somebody after you just lose to them," he said. "I'm a winner. It's not being a poor sport or anything like that. If somebody beats you up, you're not going to congratulate them. That doesn't make sense to me. I'm a competitor. That's what I do. It doesn't make sense for me to go over and shake somebody's hand."
Um, bad answer. Again, when you beat the Pistons and Hawks, didn't they come over to congratulate you? You may be a winner, LeBron (who, by the way, hasn't won anything) but not everyone can win every year. Kobe Bryant's Lakers were embarrassed in Game 6 of last year's NBA Finals but he was willing to shake hands and give interviews.

I've lost a lot or respect for LeBron over this. It wouldn't be as bad if he didn't spend all year long farting around and disrespecting his opponents.

No comments: