Saturday, June 6, 2009

Goodbye, Brian Westbrook


I know nobody wants to hear about another person's fantasy team, so I understand if you turn away.

With the news that Brian Westbrook underwent ankle surgery and that he will miss a couple months, I have to pass on using one of my keeper tags on him this year. I hate the Eagles and hated Westbrook, but he has been a godsend when I drafted him a few years ago. The league I am in allows for three keepers (all must be in different positions) and Westbrook has been my RB keeper for the last couple of years.

In 2009, he won't be. I am keeping DeAngelo Williams instead.

In keeper leagues, it sometimes is hard to say goodbye. For four years, I've been able to plug Westbrook in and getting some memorable moments. Of course, I won't miss those weeks where I'm pulling my hair out trying to predict if he was going to play that week.

No comments: