Saturday, June 20, 2009

HBO Needs to Reconsider Artie Lange Ban



It seems that HBO has banned Artie Lange from appearing on their shows. No word if this means that the movies Dirty Work and Beer League are included in that ban.

I don't like it. Yeah, he was a bit over the line during his appearance on the Joe Buck Show. But how can HBO get so bent about it. Didn't they know who Lange was? Didn't they know what he would probably go, uh, Artie Lange on them?

If anything, HBO should offer Lange a gig on the show. He could be the guy who talks about the tough stuff as Buck lobs softball questions. I turned the channel a few times during the show but I stayed glued to the TV during the segment Artie was on.

Trust me: I'm not a big fan of Lange or of his Howard Stern cast of characters. I'm all for vulgarity, but in smaller doses than they typically give. But if Lange could limit his outbursts a tad, I think the "Buck and Artie Show" would be a hit! Buck can play the part of the wholesome angel as Artie takes on the sinister devil.

No comments: