Wednesday, June 17, 2009

It's Been 15 Years Since the White Ford Bronco Chase



Hard to believe that it has been 15 years since this moment. On June 17th, 1994, the country was captivated by the white Ford Bronco containing a suicidal O.J. Simpson being chased through Los Angeles by the police.

This solidified many people's mind that O.J. was the one who murdered his ex-wife Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman. As you see a much younger Larry King (he looks only 100!) wonder about O.J.'s guilt.

I remember that I was watching Game 5 of the NBA Finals when NBC split the screen to show both the Rockets-Knicks game and this chase. It was weird since O.J. was currently employed by NBC for their NFL coverage when this all broke. I was 18 years old and just started working at my first "real job" of my life. Just unreal.

UPDATE: ESPN just did a piece on this and it blew me away. I didn't remember that on this very same day, Arnold Palmer played his final career round in the U.S. Open. Also, the New York Rangers were having their parade that morning. It was also the first day of the 1994 World Cup which was being held here in the United States.

No comments: