Thursday, January 7, 2010

Wildcard Round Playoff Predictions


It's snowy, I'm sick and I just want to get this over with ... lol. Here are my quick picks for this weekend's Wildcard Round:

JETS OVER BENGALS: I'm not going by the paranoia here in The Nati that the Bengals have no shot to win this game. I think they have a great shot and that what happened Sunday night doesn't portend what will happen on Saturday. However, the cold and snow at Paul Brown Stadium lends to a game that is won in the trenches, on defense and with a solid running game. New York is just better than the Bengals in all of those phases ... especially with Cedric Benson banged up. Jets 24-Bengals 14

COWBOYS OVER EAGLES: I think this game will be a bit closer than Sunday's, but not by much. I've not been as impressed with Philly as seemingly everyone else has been this year. Dallas, as much as I hate it, is playing their best football in years. Cowboys 31-Eagles 14

RAVENS OVER PATRIOTS: Should be the best game of the lot. New England just has too many injuries and losing Wes Welker makes an already great Ravens defense a lot more stout. I know it's tough to count Tom Brady out, but Baltimore nearly won in New England earlier this year. Ravens 20-Patriots 13

PACKERS OVER CARDINALS: This is a game I just don't know how it will turn out. You never ... EVER ... know what you are going to get out of Arizona. They could come in here and lay a complete egg like they've done in several spots during the year. Or they could come in and blow the roof off the joint like they've done at other points. I'm going with what I do know: Aaron Rodgers has quietly been an elite passer this year and the Cards have some big injury concerns in their secondary. Packers 34-Cardinals 24

So, according to my picks I have Ravens at Colts, Jets at Chargers, Packers at Saints and Cowboys at Vikings. Wow! Four awesome games!

No comments: