Sunday, January 4, 2009

I Just Want to Be Sad Today


I'm in a funk.


I got bad news on a phone call today that has really made me question myself. Anyone who knows me personally will tell you that I'm never like that. I'm a pretty confident person, though humble. So getting told "you suck" is a real punch to the gut.


I'd like to take this moment to do something that most bloggers don't do (which, I guess, is my specialty) and that is thank my wife. After I got off the phone, I needed to process everything I just heard and really didn't need someone to yell or moan or break down on me. My wife listened to me as I rambled on and was extremely supportive of me and actually embraced the bad news.


She made me feel better about myself. I love her for that. I just hate that my sadness may have ruined her day yesterday as Saturdays, typically, are our days to just hang out and be together. We just got back from Christmas vacation in Charlotte and needed to hit the grocery store as well as run a few other errands. We came home and watched Eagle Eye and Ghost Town (two pretty good movies) on DVD and just laid around the house.


I watched a total of 15 minutes of the NFL playoffs. Yeah, I was that depressed.


Hopefully this will only be a temporary thing; both my mood and my predicament. I am striving to turn both around a soon as possible and get back to how I was feeling the minute before I answered the phone.

UPDATE: Well, I actually watched some football today. I did get to see the Dolphins (who I used to have some caring for) crumble to the Ravens. I also saw the first half of the Vikings-Eagles game, but switched over to watch my beloved Tar Heels fall to Boston College.

No comments: