Tuesday, September 6, 2005

Sportz NCAA Top 12 - Week 2

1-USC.  Looked good at Hawaii.  This team continues it's dominance.

2-MICHIGAN.  Again, my upset pick for the Rose Bowl.  They get the suddenly confident Notre Dame next!

3-OHIO STATE.  Looked pretty good against Miami-OH.  I think they'll beat Texas on Saturday night.

4-TEXAS.  Looked very strong..but playing at the horseshoe is quite a different task.

5-VIRGINIA TECH.  Week 1 down, and they've already won a tough ACC road game.  And Vick performed quite well.

6-TENNESSEE.  Didn't look as good as I would have liked.  I mean, they got Florida, Georgia and LSU coming up.

7-LSU.  I have respect for LSU moving the site of this weekend's game to Arizona State.  This actually put the Tigers as underdogs.  Winning that game in Tempe will actually boost their BCS numbers.

8-FLORIDA.  Flying under the radar was how good Urban Meyer and Chris Leak performed last weekend.  Leak, like me, a former Independence High School Patriot!!

9-MIAMI.  Yep, I only dropped them down 2 spots because they had this game in hand.  They played much better than the Noles, but let mistakes ruin their night.  Get those corrected...and they can get to the ACC title game.

10-FLORIDA STATE.  Big win against Miami that could really set the table for an ACC run.  But that offense needs a ton of work.

11-LOUISVILLE.  The Cards let the Wildcats back into their game. I didn't like the way they played in that 2nd half at all.

12-IOWA.  Tough game at Iowa State coming up this weekend.

JUST MISSING OUT:  Georgia, Purdue, Notre Dame.

Go to SPORTZ PRESEASON NCAA TOP 12 POLL to see my original analysis.

No comments: