Friday, April 7, 2006

REDSKINS 2006 SCHEDULE

Week 1 [9/11]  Minnesota [ESPN].  This is the first Monday Night Football game for ESPN....and a nice home opener for the 5th anniversary of 9/11.  I wish that one of the New York teams could have had the other Monday nighter.  Winnable game.

Week 2 [9/17] at Dallas [NBC].  Well, last year these two teams met in Dallas on Monday Night Football in Week 2.  Skins fans remember the remarkable comeback late in that game.  This game will also put T.O. in the primetime.  But, of all the NFC East teams, the Skins have held Owens down the best.  Winnable, but I think we may lose this one.

Week 3 [9/24] at Houston [Fox].  Skins take a trip to the new[er] Houston team.  Very winnable game.

Week 4 [10/1] Jacksonville [CBS].  Mark Brunell goes against his former team.  Winnable, but we gotta step it up.

Week 5 [10/8] at NY Giants [Fox].  Every single NFC East game will be hotly contested.  These two teams made the playoffs last year and will be there in the hunt again.  I think we'll slip up here.

Week 6 [10/15].  Tennessee [CBS].  Remember those Titans.  They will probably be bad again this year.  A win.

Week 7 [10/22] at Indianapolis [Fox].  Should be a national TV game, with the game on at 4:15.  We did improve our offense....but not that much.  It will be nice to see Gregg Williams work on Peyton Manning.  A loss.

Week 8 [10/29] BYE WEEK.  Last year, our bye week came right after that thrilling Dallas game.....a Week 3 bye.  This year, we get one dead smack in the middle of the season.  Pretty cool.

Week 9 [11/5] Dallas [Fox].  I don't like this.  I don't like having both Dallas games done by Week 9.  Usually there's a game on or after Thanksgiving.  I'm not happy about this.  I think we win this one.

Week 10 [11/12] at Philadelphia [Fox].  After getting done with Dallas in our first half of the season, we open the second half of the season with our first sight of the Eagles.  I think we lose this one.

Week 11 [11/19] at Tampa Bay [Fox].  Can we stay outta Tampa Bay???  This marks the 3rd time the Skins have played in Tampa in one year.  Last season, the Skins lost a tough game on a 2-pt conversion.....but then got revenge in a playoff game.  And that game was pretty heated.  I think a loss.

Week 12 [11/26] Carolina [Fox].  A favorite in my family.  My mom, dad, sister and brother-in-law are diehard Panther fans.  I am from Charlotte and root for the Panthers whenever it doesn't harm the Skins opportunities.  The Panthers should be an NFC power again and will be tough to top.  But we will do it.

Week 13 [12/3] Atlanta [Fox].  Michael Vick returns to the mid-Atlantic to take on the Skins.  Again, it will be interesting to see how Gregg Williams prepares the Skins for Vick.  I think we will squeak out a win.

Week 14 [12/10] Philadelphia [Fox] A rare 3-game homestand ends with another bout with Philly.  A win.

Week 15 [12/17] at New Orleans [Fox].  The Skins make a trip to N'Orleans.  By then, we will know how well the Saints are supported.  A win.

Week 16 [12/24] at St Louis [Fox].  A Christmas Day battle.  A loss.

Week 17 [12/30] NY Giants [NFL Network].  A national game that will be the lone game of the evening.  And it could determine the NFC East champion.  A WIN!

Looks to me that the Skins are staring at another 10-6 season.  That may not cut it in the killer NFC East division. 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so there for the Monday Nighter against Minnesota... only five more months! As for a record prediction, I'm going to curb my enthusiasm. Last preseason was the first one in years that I foresaw a loser and we ended up winning 10 games and getting one win from the NFC Championship. I'd be happy with another season like that... I just don't see us as a Super Bowl contender quite yet -- not with that QB and all of the changes to the roster.

Anonymous said...

New England goes 13-3. Pittsburgh was just a caretaker champion.