Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Terrell Owens' Comments on Vick Is Kinda Right ... But Kinda Stupid


Terrell Owens said this about Michael Vick's pending suspension/reinstatement:
"The Michael Vick situation, I think, is unfortunate," Owens said. "I think the way the commissioner is handling it is unfair to Michael Vick. I think he's done the time for what he's done. I don't think it's really fair for him to be suspended four more games. It's almost like kicking a dead horse in the ground.

"A lot of the guys around the league need to speak up. I think the players' union needs to step in because the guy's already suffered so much, and to add a four-game suspension onto a two-year prison sentence, I mean, that's ridiculous."
Okay. I agree with what Owens is trying to say. Vick has had everything taken from him and to pile on just doesn't seem fair. Still, I can get with the probationary reinstatement that Roger Goodell gave Vick.

But ... as Jim Rome said today ... you can't go with a "kicking a dead horse" blast when defending Vick. Do you really want to bring up dead animals when discussing a man who just did a 23 month bid for bankrolling a dog-fighting ring?

This, to me, is T.O. in a nutshell. While what he says at time really isn't as bad as it seems, the manner in which is says them tends to be.

No comments: