Sunday, October 23, 2005

Vivi Award Nominee

                        

Apparently, I am up for a "VIVI AWARD" for Best Sports Journal....which I wasn't aware there was such a thing.  Check out the Vivi Award Website here: VIVI Awards

Anyways, I am honored to be nominated....though not really on edge about winning.  No offense to anyone behind the Vivi Awards, but the love and respect I get from my peers here in the AOL Sports blog community has been the biggest honor.  The fact that the bloggers whom I think are the best to read feel the same way towards my site is what keeps me motivated and on top of my game.  Either way, it's not to say that I wouldn't be happy if I did win...but I won't slice my wrists if I don't.   Other nominees include:

BEST SPORTS JOURNAL:
Alex's Sports Blog
The Belly Check
High Above Courtside
Sportz Assassin's Sports Journal
Two Minute Warning

Really, there are only two other nominees.  Of course, I am one of the many writers on "Two Minute Warning".   So is Monponsett, who's "Belly Check" and "High Above Courside" blogs are included.  Rounding out the mix is Alex with his "Sports Blog."

Good luck to Stacy, Alex and me for the award. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sportz,

Congratulations to the three of you. Very deserving of the award. Good luck!

Lew

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Sportz! Good luck to all you guys. Really you all deserve to win.

Anonymous said...

Take out Alex and put in George, and take out Two Minute Warning and put in Diehard

Anonymous said...

Cool deal Sportz! Awesome. Good luck to you, alex, and monponsett. Great sports journals there!

:)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the VIVA nomination... both of them!  Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Nygfan, I'll assume by George you mean me. If so, thank you, sir, for the praise. If not, I hope you'll let me live in my blissful ignorance.

Anonymous said...

"Take out Alex and put in George, and take out Two Minute Warning and put in Diehard
Comment from nygfan1724 -"

I agree with that.  I hate when TMW gets accolades because it really is an effort by many bloggers, not just one.  So I only have to write one really good take for it once a week....where as my normal blog(s) I have to keep it strong even in my weakest moments.  I think it is a great blog because of its vast content and the fact that people from all over write on it about their different viewpoints.

As for putting George and Die Cast in....I agree.  I've said my praise about George and DieCast on numerous occassions.  Not only are they strongly opinionated, they are very well written and excellently researched.  It isn't "gee, I watched ESPNews today and saw that ____ happened.  That's weird" and leave no real opinion on that matter.  It is excellent work.  Excellent work.  

-Sportz