Saturday, October 8, 2005

Sportz Week 5 Picks

Sorry for my lack of blogging, e-mailing or general conversing.  I should have a preview of the NHL.  I should have a breakdown of the MLB Divisional series.  I generally write during the late night...but my recent sleep patterns have screwed all of that up.  And, later this morning, I will be having some little surgery done....so I'll be laid up for about a week.. Hopefully, I can get back in the swing of things with a little downtime.

But, one thing I will make sure I blog will be my Beloved NFL.  My Redskins are undefeated.  So is the team from the city in which I now live [Cincinnati].  My hometown was just on Monday Night Football [Charlotte] and my fantasy team is on a 2 game winning streak that puts me in 3rd place [right there in the playoff picture]. 

There are four unbeatens left.  I think only three will stay that way when the weekend ends.  I also feel that there will be no winless teams after this weekend.

So here is my Week 5 breakdown:

                       

REDSKINS at BRONCOS.  Clinton Ports vs the Broncos.  Champ Bailey vs the Redskins.  That's all well and good, but the key will be if the Skins defense can hold down a hot Jake Plummer.  Denver has a bevy of backs at their disposal to keep fresh guys in against that Skins defense that wore down against Seattle last week.  I just think it is too much for Washington to overcome.  Broncos 24-13

BUCCANEERS at JETS.  Vinny Testeverde, the guy that the Buccaneers drafted #1 oh so many years ago, takes over the reigns for the Jets.  Their offense is awful and that Buccs defense will be set to take the old man out.  The Cadillac may be dinged, but Michael Pittman can pick up the slack.  The Buccs stay undefeated.  Buccs 17-10

BENGALS AT JAGUARS.  The Jags are one team I can never figure out.  They look great one week...then stink the next.  The key will be if they can get to Carson Palmer.  If so, look for the Jags to wreck havoc and keep them in the game long enough to have Leftwich work his magic.  I don't think that will happen.  I feel that the Bengals will make a few big plays to keep themselves out of arms distance.  Bengals 23-17

COLTS AT NINERS.  Let's see.  Peyton Manning against a defense that Josh McCown torched last week.  Colts 41-10. 

SEAHAWKS AT RAMS.   This is only the 2nd home game for St. Louis.  I think their offense will be ready to explode.  I feel Holt and Bulger will have big games.  On the other side, Matt Hasselbeck loses his top two receivers [Jackson and Engram]...so Shaun Alexander must keep his hot streak alive.  It just won't be enough.  Rams 30-20

SAINTS AT PACKERS.  Another week...another city.  I think that plays a part in the Saints demise here.  Brett Favre won't let this team go to 0-5.  But if they do...it will be interesting to see how long they keep Favre out there.  They do have a future to look to.  Packers 24-21

BEARS AT BROWNS.  Both teams are coming off their bye week.  Both teams are 1-2.  The Browns, to me, can create offense and make things happen.  Chicago can't.  Browns 13-7

RAVENS AT LIONS.  Maybe I am stupid, but I'm going with the Lions 20-16

PATRIOTS AT FALCONS.  I know Tom Brady is mad...but Marty Schottenheimer was right.  Those injuries are catching up to the Pats.  It's even got the cool Brady a bit edgy.  The Falcons will run, run, run the way that the Chargers did to New England last week.  Falcons 17-10

TITANS AT TEXANS.  They gotta win sometime.  Texans 13-9

DOLPHINS AT BILLS.  Kelly Holcomb takes over for JP Losman.  It doesn't mean to much.  The Dolphins offense has improved so much in a year.  Dolphins 16-6

PANTHERS AT CARDINALS.  Carolina still doesn't look like a title contender.  Winning in the desert is one of those things that title teams have to do.   Panthers 26-17

EAGLES AT COWBOYS.  Dallas' defense just isn't good enough to contain Donovan McNabb.  Eagles 27-20

STEELERS AT CHARGERS.  Right now....no one's offense is clicking as well as San Diego's.  Chargers 33-17

PICKEM STANDINGS
Sportz   (39-21)
Treesoup   (38-22)
Lew   (36-24)
Jamie   (35-25)
Kiser Blade   (34-26)
Pre-Jock (34-26)
Monponsett   (34-26)
George Coztanza (34-26)
Raisin   (33-27)
Angel (33-27)
Yannis   (31-29)

Monponsett: N'England, Chicago, Buffalo, Tampa, Seattle, Houston, Indianapolis, Carolina, Philadelphia, Denver, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Green Bay,

Kiser:  Panthers,  Falcons, Redskins, Dolphins, Buccaneers, Bears, Eagles, Ravens, Packers, Titans, Bengals, Colts, Seahawks, Steelers.

Treesoup:  Detroit, Cleveland, Buffalo, Atlanta, Green Bay, St.Louis, Tampa Bay, Houston, Indy, Arizona, Dallas, Denver, Jags, San Diego

George Coztanza:  Carolina, New England, Denver, Miami, NY Jets, Chicago, Cleveland, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Green Bay, Houston, Jacksonville, Indianapolis, St. Louis, Pittsburgh

Raisin:  Batlimore, Cleveland, Miami, New England, Green Bay, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Tennessee, Indianapolis, Carolina, Philadelphia, Denver, Cincinnati, San Diego

Lew:  Broncos, Bucs, Bengals, Colts, Seabags,  Packers, Browns, Ravens, Falcons, Titans, Dolphins, Panthers, Cowboys,  Bolts

Jamie:  Panthers, Falcons, Broncos, Bills, Bucs, Bears, Eagles, Ravens, Packers, Texans, Bengals, Colts, Seahawks, Chargers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get well soon, brother! As always, I'm linking to you from Pigskin Bloggers.

Jamie