Saturday, August 6, 2005

Sportz Tribute To Carl Lewis

              

Why am I posting this??  I don't know.  About a day ago, I had the ultimate respect for Carl Lewis.  He is a sporting freak of nature and one of the finest Olympic athletes of my lifetime.  But, for some reason, I've been slap happy about Carl Lewis and his rendition of of the National Anthem before a Nets-Bulls game over a decade ago.  It's been in my head for weeks now. 

Why now?  Well, me and a buddy from work just throw out an "uh-oh" every once in a while....then the voice cracking "rockets red glare" [I've got tears in my eyes as I type this].  A week ago, he even got on the intercom at work and did the anthem.  I lost it.

So, Thursday...I was pulling into KFC and listening to The Jim Rome Show.  Blind Date's Roger Lodge was guest hosting and busted out the audio from it.  I freaking lost it again!!!!

So, I just had to find it on this great invention called the internet [thanks again, Al Gore!].

Listen to it here:  National Anthem

But, in searching for the anthem...I ran into something that almost made my choke on my laughter.  Check it outWelcome to CarlLewis.com!  When you get there...make sure you check out his acting reel.  OH MY GOD!!!!

Then...check out his music video....OH MY GOD.... MUSIC VIDEO:  Welcome to CarlLewis.com!  It couldn't be more gay if it was named Gay Gayerson.  I guess it is called "Break It Up"...but it sounds, well, just listen.  He looks like El De Barge or something. 

UPDATE!!!  Oh my God.,....it gets better.  I found this review of his "work":  "In 1987, nine-time Olympic gold medalist Carl Lewis launched a brief and ill-fated career as a musician with the single "Break It Up," recorded with his band, Carl Lewis and the Electric Storm. The song is garden variety '80s pop, but the video, which Lewis has posted on his official Web site, is something else entirely. It begins in pure silliness, with Lewis, looking like a stacked Grace Jones, singing while working out in a gym. Later, as he sets to work seducing a portly, elderly woman in a hot tub, it becomes deeply strange. A treat. "

The name of his band was "Carl Lewis and the Electric Storm"...ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FootballFootball  
Listen to a clip of Ozzie Smith's "Cupid":  Musical Athletes - Boston.com - Music - A&E
Listen to a clip of Jeff Conine's cover of STP's "Plush":  Musical Athletes - Boston.com - Music - A&E
Or how about a clip of John Daly singing?  Musical Athletes - Boston.com - Music - A&E
Or a clip from C-Webb:  Musical Athletes - Boston.com - Music - A&E
Neon Deion just "wants the money":  Musical Athletes - Boston.com - Music - A&E
Or how Shaq's "biological didn't bother":  Biological Didn't Bother - G-Funk Version by Shaquille O'Neal on Yahoo! Music

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had the first two Shaq albums...."Shaq attack has risen,,,"

Anonymous said...

Any idea where I can find the Sportscenter clip of Charley Steiner and Jack Edwards laughing their faces off after Carl Lewis sang the National Anthem?  Arguably the funniest thing I've ever seen...

Great job, Sportz...  keep it up.

http://www.quickslants.com
http://journals.aol.com/ndisdabest/quickslants

Anonymous said...

Gay Gayerson...

I almost died from a heart attack laughing so hard...

HILARIOUS!!