Friday, August 19, 2005

Around My Favorite Blogs....

                   

Every so often I just click onto everyone on my faves list and read thru what's going on.  One thing I have noticed is that darn near everyone out there has a Terrell Owens take.  Aside from that, these blogs are about as different as you can get.  So...check out what I read [most of you do already...or are the authors of these fine blogs].

*Mr. Irrelevant's AOL Sports Blog gets me rolling again as he takes me back to an entry I wrote about Mike Tyson Punch Out.  Thanks...now I got that "Stole My Bike" song in my head [at least it kicked out that Carl Lewis jam]. 

*Pigskin Bloggers is back in full effect [keep up this blog Jamie!!!!].  Of all the blogs out there...I probably hit this one up the most since it is REAL fans of each team spouting opinions.  The PERFECT blog for all NFL fans. 

*The Ohio LeBlog takes a look at Bron-Bron, the Cavs all-time team, and those surprising Indians who are right there in the thick of the wildcard hunt.  Cleveland Rox! also takes a look into these subjects. 

*Yossef, author of Ramblings from the NBA Asylum and frustrated Hawks fan, writes an open letter to Hawks part-owner Steve Belkin.  This is the letter every sports fan wants to write to his owners when he is frustrated [and the template I may use to write to Daniel Snyder and Carl Linder]. 

*Coztanza's Commentary said something I've been saying for years...shorten the NFL preseason.  It is too long.  I know it used to be 6 games long back in the day-day...but do we really need 4 games?  Do we need that many games to loosen up our starters and to have those positional battles.  Can't this all be done in 2 games??  I know injuries are part of the NFL....but I'm much more comfortable having season ending injuries to players when they are playing games that count.  I mean, is that extra game to throw in to ticket packages worth that much??  Great take, G-Coz!!

*High Above Courtside has been working dilligently on the new Mega Blog, Two Minute Warning, which I am proud to be a part of.  Check the site out now!!!

*The Diecast Dude's (Mostly) NASCAR Blah Blah Blog takes a look at Michigan Speedway...and the fact that NASCAR has been putting races where fan support isn't as strong but the market is big.  If I know one thing about NASCAR fans...is that they, like NFLers, will travel to see their sport.  There are guys in Charlotte that will pack up a camper and head down to Talledega or Bristol for the week or weekend.   And DieCast....you are not a "dumb blogger".

*Premature Jock-ularity is introduced to the NFL Network...a channel that was launched to us DirecTV subscribers when it hit the air.  Dp, this channel has made leaps and bounds in the past 2 years...and it is certainly one of the best channels a sports nut could have.  I mean, I don't think my TV in the Sportz Room has seen another channel in August. 

*Quick Slants has a great piece on Peter Jennings.  Though not really a sports guy...he really launched his career with his ballsy coverage of the terrorist attacks in the Munich Olympics.  If you want to see how important these "messengers of the news" were to us...please give Quick Slants' take a read. 

*Yannis' Sports Journal is still rockin' and rollin' in the NBA's offseason....including the recent Amnesty Rule deadline.  Virtually every day he's taking a look at what the rumblings, bumblings and surprises are in the offseason and what it may mean to the upcoming 2005-6 season.

*To Saved By The Blog, yes the new Madden passing controls are bothersome.  I wanna play a football game, not land a plane.

*Dave Heller of Cincinnati.Com: Sports Roundtable has a nice interview with Fantasy Nut/Guru Eric Karabell...his former classmate at American U. 

*Raisin's LAKERS IN TRANSITION is expanding into the realm of football, baseball and anything else she can think of.  Raisin is one of those talents that should blog more [ahem!!!!]

*The Scotsman and his The Unofficial Everybody's NASCAR Nextel Cup Blog relish in his joning of the NASCAR heavyweights on SPORTS BLOGGERS LIVE with DieCast. 

*Philly fans can check out calling the shots who takes a look at how the Phills are suddenly atop the NL wildcard standings.

*One of favorite bloggers is Treesoup [aka, "the guy that when I turn to his blogs I pee my pants when music all the sudden blares from my speakers"].  He's abandoned hisWildcat Blog for now and focused on the NFL season with his The Packerz Zone.  Like me, he just doesn't focus on his own team...but blasts takes from around the NFL.  Tree is one of the treasures of this blogging thang. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

BOYZ WILL B BOYZ

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout outs, Sportz!

I promise to keep up with it at PigskinBloggers.com -- at least once per week during the preseason and twice weekly in season.

Respek!

Jamie
aka dcsportsguy
aka misterirrelevant
aka sportz#1fan

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sportz.. just getting mention in the same sentence with these blogs is an honour..
Scotsman
The Unofficial Everybody's NASCAR Nextel Cup Blog

Anonymous said...

You should have put me closer to the top

Anonymous said...

Raisin should blog more, too....she has a fascinating topic to work with out there in Californy.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sportz, thanks for the shout out. You surprised me. I'm back for now updating my blogs today - i've been computerless the past few weeks but its all good now - thanks for the shout out :)