Monday, October 2, 2006

Oh, My.....Dick Enberg Needs to Retire

                         

Let me start this blog entry off with a statement:  Dick Enberg needs to be put out to pasture.  I am a Skins fan [I also watch the Panthers games] and an NFC guy....so I rarely have to sit and watch Enberg call a game.  When I come across him on the Sunday Ticket, his poor game calling is amusing.  But when you are watching a game as good as the Skins-Jags game was....well, it was far from amusing.

Whether he called Chris Cooley "Chris Cooper"....misnamed half of the guys on the field.....wondered how that Colts-Patriots game was going....called 1st downs and kept talking about how big that was when it was a yard short and the punt team is running on the field....kept mixing up Ladell Betts and Clinton Portis....kept calling it FedEx Stadium....or not knowing who anybody on the field was....he sucks.

He sucks now.  He used to be great.  Hearing his voice on Sundays is part of what the NFL is about.  But, Pat Summeral went thru the awkward period where he stayed too long.....and he was the voice of the NFL.  Enberg is getting there.  He may need to be bumped down from the better games to the Browns-Raiders game or something. 

I don't mind quirky and I don't mind some mistakes here and there.  What I do mind is an old man fumbling thru a game....especially one that was sooo good. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enberg came off as very senile.  There were at least three times when he yelled "What a catch!?" and the ball was already on the ground, incomplete.

Having said that, Randy Cross (the color guy) made me wanna kill myself.  The combo was almost as brutal as Brunell's first throw.

~Chris, www.savedbytheblog.com

Anonymous said...

I've been saying this for 6 years.