Friday, October 6, 2006

The Sportz Assassin Curse

        

Forget the Madden Curse.  Forget the Sports Illustrated Jinx. 

I must have the Sportz Assassin Curse. 

The Sportz Assassin Curse is a spell that whomever I draw in our annual MLB Playoffs Office Pool....that team gets swept!  Every year, we throw all 8 teams into a hat [well, usually it is either a bag or a box] and draw so we have a team to root for in the playoffs. 

This year, I drew the Minnesota Twins....who have gone out and lost Games 1 and 2 at home.  Nice.  Thanks guys for letting me play!

In 2004, I drew the Anaheim Angels.  They went on to be swept by the Red Sox in three games.  In 2005, I drew those Boston Red Sox.....who were swept by the Chicago White Sox.

Hmmm.

So while that means bad luck to Twins fans....it's good luck, I guess, to Oakland Athletics fans. 

No comments: