Saturday, February 4, 2006

So You Don't Want To Watch The Super Bowl....

I guess it is true....there are people who DON'T watch the Super Bowl.  Sure, some people have to work.  I mean, there will be cops on the street, businesses running and gas stations stealing our money.  Not everyone can watch the game.  That's understandable.

But there are people who WON'T watch the game.  I mean, they'll sit at home and watch something other than ABC on Sunday night.  These people are called "bougie".  My wife, for example, won't be watching.  I have no idea where she will be....but if she wants to watch anything else, she won't be around me. 

So, what do the networks do to combat the Super Bowl fever??

*The History Channel airs "Who Wrote the Bible".  This is an interesting thing to me, personally, because I know for a fact that the History Channel airs this every Super Bowl.  How do I know?  For some reason, I switch it to that during halftime of the game.  I missed Janet's nip because of it.  I have no freakin' idea why I watch THAT instead of any of the lovely things below....but I do.  And, no, I don't watch the halftime show.  After digesting football via an IV for an entire day.....and the matchup crammed down my throat for 2 weeks....I do need a respite before the 2nd half begins.  I don't need to see the California Raisins.....errrrr, the Rolling Stones....perform. 

*ESPN will be showing figure skating.  Sure, that'll be a good time for us men to leave the sports station alone.

*Animal Planet will be having "Puppy Bowl II".  What it is, essentially, is several cameras set up watching puppies frolic in a little doggie football field.  Pretty cute to watch. 

*E! will be showing their countdown of the 101 sexiest celebrity bodies. 

*USA Network is having a "Monk" marathon.

*Food Network is having the "Supper Bowl".....featuring a variety of cooking shows.  Um, how's that different than the normal programming?

*VH1 is having the "Next Top Model" marathon.  If you just can't get enough of Tyra Banks.

*TLC is marathoning "What Not To Wear".....whatever that is. 

*Fox News Channel is airing Bill O'Reilly for three hours.

*TBS is having a "Yes Dear" marathon.  My wife and I are fans of the show. 

*TNT is having a "Charmed" marathon.

*Travel Channel has poker on all night.

*WGN will have episodes of "24" on all night.

*The Hallmark Channel will have a marathon of "Little House On The Prairie".  God help me please!! 

Maybe you just wanna chill and watch a movie??

*HBOWest has "Napolean Dynamite".  Yessssss!  HBOEast has "Independence Day"

*Skinamax has "Spanglish"

*STARZ is showing......uh, a football movie.  "Friday Night Lights".  Is it smart to show a pigskin flick while the Super Bowl is on??

*Showtime will be viewing "The School of Rock"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fox News Channel is airing Bill O'Reilly for three hours.

HEY...I gotta watch that!  Mr. Phone Sex Perv for three hours?  WOOHOO!