Monday, February 27, 2006

Kenny Williams on The Big Hurt

               

"He's an idiot. He's selfish. That's why we don't miss him."

"Jerry has done everything over the course of 16 years to protect that man, to make accommodations for him, concessions for him. He loaned him money, at times, when he needed money.  If he was any kind of a man, he would quit talking about things in the paper and return a phone call or come knock on someone's door. If I had the kind of problems evidently he had with me, I would go knock on his door."

"We don't miss him, by the way.  If you go out there and ask any one of my players or staff members, we don't miss him.  We don't miss his attitude. We don't miss the whining. We don't miss it. Good riddance. See you later."

"I'm a general manager and I'm supposed to be above these things. But again, when is enough enough?  He brought us to this point. So, OK, you want to play this game? You've got it. You got it. He's the Oakland A's problem right now. ... He better stay out of our business. He better stay out of White Sox business."

No comments: