Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sportz' NBA First Round Predictions

CAVALIERS OVER BULLS (4 games): This one won't be close. Cleveland will roll through this series.

MAGIC OVER BOBCATS (5 games): I think Charlotte will make this tough for Orlando -- they match up very well. But they are a horrible road team and I don't see them winning more than one game at home. Orlando gets through.

HAWKS OVER BUCKS (6 games): This will be an interesting matchup and I only wish Andrew Bogut would be suiting up for Milwaukee. The Bucks work their butts off while the Hawks can be lazy. Atlanta has much more talent, but Milwaukee will bite them when they least expect. Still, the Hawks make it through.

CELTICS OVER HEAT (7 games): Boston is old. Very old. But I can't get behind the Miami bandwagon. The Heat still are Dwayne Wade and a bunch of other guys. I don't see him being able to win this series all by himself.

LAKERS OVER THUNDER (5 games): I can see this going six since the Lakers have the tendency to lose focus. But I think the vast gap in experience gets LA through rather easily.

MAVERICKS OVER SPURS (6 games): I haven't been big on San Antonio all year long ... and now they have to face what may be the West's best team since the All Star Break. I love Dallas this year.

SUNS OVER BLAZERS (5 games): Phoenix is play so well right now and Portland may not have Brandon Roy. It's just too much for the Blazers to overcome.

NUGGETS OVER JAZZ (7 games): Best series of the first round, by far. Both play in rabid arenas that are oh-so tough to win in. Denver has more talent, but they haven't really harnessed it. Maybe ... just maybe ... the stuff that George Karl is going through can rally the troops together and fight for a key second round series with the Lakers.

No comments: