Monday, April 12, 2010

Looking Back at My Pre-Season NBA Predictions

I know the season isn't over yet, but I like looking back at my picks.

ATLANTIC DIVISION: 1-Celtics, 2-Sixers, 3-Raptors, 4-Knicks, 5-Nets.
I feel good about everything here ... except my pick of Philly as a team on the rise.

SOUTHEAST DIVISION: 1-Magic, 2-Wizards, 3-Hawks, 4-Heat, 5-Bobcats.
The bottom fell out in Washington, while I was right about everything else (provided you dropped the Wiz to the bottom).

CENTRAL DIVISION: 1-Cavaliers, 2-Bulls, 3-Pistons, 4-Pacers, 5-Bucks.
Milwaukee shocked everyone by making their strong playoff push. From there, I did pretty good predicting the order of everyone else.

SOUTHWEST DIVISION: 1-Spurs, 2-Mavericks, 3-Hornets, 4-Rockets, 5-Grizzlies
Despite my gut feeling, I listened to the experts and picked San Antonio at the top. Dallas' big trade vaulted them to division champs. Both the Rockets and Grizzlies made excellent steps this year ... while N'Awlins fell off the face of the map.

NORTHWEST DIVISION: 1-Nuggets, 2-Blazers, 3-Jazz, 4-Thunder, 5-Wolves
The Nuggets and Jazz are still fighting over the division title with the Blazers fall just short. Oklahoma City finished 4th, but with a playoff berth. Minnesota stunk, as well all thought.

PACIFIC DIVISION: 1-Lakers, 2-Suns, 3-Clippers, 4-Warriors, 5-Kings
The Lakers weren't as dominant as we all thought. My faith in the Suns paid off with a 2nd place finish. Actually, I picked this division nearly perfect (G-State and Sacto are fighting for the bottom spot).

Now let's look at my other predictions:

EASTERN CONFERENCE PLAYOFF TEAMS: 1-Cavaliers, 2-Celtics, 3-Orlando, 4-Washington, 5-Atlanta, 6-Philadelphia, 7-Chicago, 8-Miami.

Swap Orlando and Boston, knock the Wiz and Sixers out of there and add the surprising Bobcats and Bucks.

WESTERN CONFERENCE PLAYOFF TEAMS: 1-Lakers, 2-Nuggets, 3-Spurs, 4-Blazers, 5-Mavericks, 6-Hornets, 7-Jazz, 8-Suns

Well, we are in the last week and we still don't know where these cats will finish. Well, I was right about 7 of the 8 teams. I missed on the Thunder (I picked the Hornets).

No comments: