Sunday, April 11, 2010

Stop Tiger-ing the Masters!!!!


I get it! I get it! Tiger Woods is playing in the Masters! Yippee!

I get it if those entertainment shows and non-sports media outlets are latching on to the Tiger Story since that's the lone reason they are there. But, c'mon ESPN! Whenever I go to their website on my phone, it's giving you a hole-by-hole update of what Tiger is doing. Isn't it amazing! Isn't it awesome! Every step he takes, every move he makes we are watching him.

The shame of it is that it is taking away from the rest of the Masters. This isn't entirely Tiger's fault (well, the the scandal and the fact that he chose Augusta to make his comeback is), but I've grown more sick of him NOW then I ever did while this was all coming out.

Yeah, I've seen Tiger's commercial 50 times already ... and zero times as an actual commercial. I have watched a total of zero minutes of the Masters because I just can't deal with it. I admit that Tiger's place on the leaderboard is quite impressive and news-worthy ... but you got to praise the guys actually leading the tournament. A tournament that is more Tiger-centric than any.

Again, I get it that you have to pimp the best players in the sport, but show the love to the guys that are actually winning the event.

1 comment:

JeffG said...

Amen! Seriously, the media is playing it up like he came back from a near-death experience or something. Of course he should still be good at golf, all he did was take a 5 month break because he got caught whoring. Congrats to Phil on his win, Choi and Westwood on a great tourney, and Couples for turning back the clock one more time.