Friday, February 12, 2010

Adam 'PacMan' Jones Works Out for Bengals


I'm not getting into it right now, but I've had a stressful and sad week. So seeing this bit of news brought some laughter to my face.

The Bengals worked out Pacman Jones. Noooooo. Get outta here! Really???

Just last week, I joked with some Bengals fans that the Bengals were going to sign Jones. That was after my jokes of Donte Stallworth becoming a Bengal and a possible trade for Michael Vick. I joked that they'd go after Jones ... and it was so off the wall that even Cincinnati fans laughed.

Well ...


Why not? The Bengals obviously do not care about bad character guys. With the sad death of Chris Henry, I guess they felt they had an opening for a troubled player from West Virginia University. I'm honestly starting to think that the Bengals are the newest version of the renegade Raiders. They want guys with an edge and a chip on their shoulder and they don't care what you or I think about that. If they win that way, the fans won't care either.

And this comes after the news that the Bengals were indeed interested in Stallworth and troubled former Jags receiver Matt Jones. Let's see: a guy that went to jail for killing someone and another who was arrested for a controlled substance and probation violation. C'mon in!

At least Plaxico Burress knows he can have a job once he gets out of the pokey.

No comments: