Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Second to Last BCS Playoff Update

Yes, I hate the BCS system and think my playoff system is tops!

So here is my updated playoff picture:

#1-Alabama (SEC Champ)
#2-Oklahoma (Big XII Champ)
#3-Florida
#4-Texas

*-note, I switched the Florida and Texas seeds so the semifinals wouldn't be two SEC teams and two Big XII teams facing off again.

#12-Boston College (ACC Champ) vs #5-USC (Pac10 Champ)
#11-Cincinnati (Big East Champ) vs #6-Texas Tech
#10-Ohio State vs #7-Utah (Top ranked non-BCS Champ)
#9-Boise State vs #8-Penn State (Big Ten Champ)

*I also flipped Texas Tech and Utah so we couldn't have a Tx Tech-Oklahoma game in the quarterfinals.

I wish there was a way that I could include Ball State, but they wouldn't get in under my rules. "My rules" are that the champs of the six BCS conferences get in (Alabama, Oklahoma, USC, Penn State, Cincinnati, BC), as does the top ranked champion from a non-BCS conference (Utah). The other five spots go to the five highest ranked schools in the BCS that didn't earn a conference championship (Florida, Texas, Ohio State, Boise State, Texas Tech). My only other rule is that no more than three teams in any conference can get in.

The games are played at the home of the higher ranked team.

So ...

DECEMBER 20TH
Boise State at Penn State, noon
Boston College at USC, 3pm
Cincinnati at Texas Tech, 6p
Ohio State at Utah, 9p

DECEMBER 27TH
Cincinnati/Texas Tech at Florida, noon
Boston College/USC at Texas, 3p
Boise State/Penn State at Alabama, 6p
Ohio State/Utah at Oklahoma, 9p

JANUARY 3rd
Cincinnati/Texas Tech/Florida vs Ohio State/Utah/Oklahoma (at the highest remaining seed)
Boston College/USC/Texas vs Boise State/Penn State/Alabama (at the highest remaining seed)

JANUARY 10TH
National Championship game in Miami.

No comments: