Friday, November 2, 2007

Agent Zero Pounds Kobe

              

Gilbert Arenas is a different cat.  That's why he has the stones to say this to SI.com:

"I don't understand that . I don't understand a player like him sometimes.''

"One, you want to get traded because you don't like your team, you don't think your team's good enough.  But any team you go to, they're going to have to get rid of a whole bunch of players for you, which basically puts you back in the same situation -- just in a
different city. I don't know how a player doesn't see that. If he just doesn't like the organization, then I understand that. But you hear the Chicago rumors: If they had to get rid of Ben Gordon, Luol Deng, [Andres] Nocioni -- that's your whole nucleus. Now you're stuck with Kirk Hinrich, you, Joe Smith, 'Kim Noah, Ben Wallace. That's great defense, but offensively you're going to be doing the same thing you were doing before."

"So it's like your situation is not changing. Unless somebody's going to trade you a one-for-one player, he's not going to be in a happy situation there either."

"I've never seen [Michael] Jordan act like that. I didn't even see AI [Allen Iverson], when he was going through them bad days, you know? They were always talking about trading him, and he was like, 'If they trade me, they trade me; if they don't, they don't; but this is my city.' And I don't understand how Kobe doesn't feel that about L.A. --
it's his city.''

"With the Lakers, he's always going to have the opportunity to attract players. A free agent is willing to go to a Laker uniform. Everybody wants to go to L.A. -- KG would want to go there.  Jason Kidd would want to go there. Jason Kidd is up next season, right? He's a free agent [in 2009]. Why don't you wait? Maybe he'll just come over there. You never know.''

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with the comments made by Gilbert Arenas.  I am a longtime Laker fan since 1970. I will love the Lakers with or without Kobe. He is the most awesome player I have ever seen, BUT, he is also the most selfish, arrogant  and ungrateful player too. How soon he forgets how the LA fans rallied behind him during his troubles in Colorado. He should be happy to stay a Laker especially considering his enormous salary. What a slap in the face to anyone of his fans for behaving the way he is. Almost everyone in the workforce has issues with their bosses over different things at some time in their carreers. How many of us can just say trade me... nobody I know. He is a prima donna and I for one am getting tired of it. Trade him, I don't care at this point and lets get on with basketball with a united team committed to do their best whatever the outcome. Kobe you should be ashamed of yourself. The Laker organization will survive and be all the better for it, maybe no league title this year or next but the Lakers will be able to hold their collective heads high knowing they did not let themselves be bullied by an out-of-control athlete.