Thursday, March 24, 2005

AROUND THE HORN...

SURVIVOR UPDATE:  March 23

                           James

I'm not a big Suvivor fan...but I was rooting for this guy.  His name is James Miller...and I drew him in the "Survivor Pool" at work.  Well...he got the boot...so I'm done.  Check out everything else that happened on this week's show by check out my wife's blog: Suvivor : Palau - Bravenet Web Journal

NCAA TOURNAMENT SWEET 16

                                      

I break down the NCAA's Sweet 16.  Do I think OSU or Arizona will play Illinois in the Chicago Regional final??  Who will win the track meet between Washington and Louisville??  Will North Carolina be upset in Syracuse??  Check out my SPORTZ NCAA TOURNAMENT HEADQUARTERS for all of the answers!!

THE NBA'S STRETCH RUN

Who will be left out of the NBA playoffs??  Kobe? KG? Iverson? Vince-anity?  As the NBA playoffs near [and the NCAA tournament draws to an end], I SWEAR that the SPORTZ' HOOPS LAND will be the place to be for NBA playoff coverage!!

From the matchups to the breakdowns....keep up with the HOOPS LAND!!

First off...check out my piece on the Lakers falling flat this season.

 

SPORTS BLOGGERS LIVE!!!

                      

Keep up with fellow bloggers on the NCAA Tournament [you can hear my takes on it there], Spring Training and all things sport on AOL Sports: Sports Bloggers Live every Monday night live at 7:00p...then hear replays of the show starting Tuesday!!!  Call in and contribute!!

THE BROTHERS MOTTRAM

                       

The hosts of the Sports Bloggers Live are fellow Redskins fanatics Jamie and Chris Mottram, the former being DCSPORTSGUY and the latter is Blog Boy.  They took my blog to unbelievable heights...so madd props and respect to them.  Check out Jamie's Mr. Irrelevant's AOL Sports Blog to read about a gay sheep, a game winning "jumper", and poppin' jerseys.....then read Chris's "Show" Me Your Blog about how ugly Sheldon Williams is and how "special" JJ Redick is.  Actually...if you scroll thru the replies on his blog, it seems he's started a makeshift Dook message board.  Hey...if you hate Dook...I'm always down with you!!

LAKE MONPONSETT

                   

Monponsett and I ran around on the ol' Lakers Board and pretty much got hooked into this Blog World at the same time.  So, as sort of siblings in this World...I always have to pimp her site whenever possible.  Also a contributor to Sports Bloggers Live with the TOP TEN LIST....check out more hilarity of all things sport [and especially New England sport] at High Above Courtside.  Throw her a bone...I mean she only roots for the Super Bowl champion Patriots and World Series champion Red Sox.....oh, and her Celtics are all the sudden white hot. 

COZTANZA'S COMMENTARY

                          

I always enjoy his blog since he, like me, likes to just break it all down.  And since I am a National League guy....I don't hold it against him that he's a Yankees fan.  By the way, George.....I welcome your Boston College to the ACC!!!  Check out Coztanza's Commentary

MR NASCAR

                              The NASCAR blog dude.  Accept no substitutes.  Welcome to the NRZ.

All I know about cars is that you turn the key and it starts.....then every once in a while throw some overpriced gas in it.  That is until you read Die Cast Dude's NASCAR Blah Blah Blog.  After reading that...you'll feel you are a full-fledged gear head.  I'm from Charlotte [the hub of NASCAR] and while I'm not a fan, I find myself intrigued by Die Cast's takes on all thing racing.  If you love racing...definitely hit his blog.

BARRY BONDS BLOG

                            

Oh, God.  You gotta check out Bonds' blog that he "writes".  Today's entry further explains his rehab on his knee and how it sucks.  Also, he has a "shout out" board where he name drops.  Excellent!  Check it out at The Official Barry Bonds Site

THE FUNNIEST SITE

This isn't a blog....but just a site that I go to to find the stupid side of sports.  It is called Bob Reno's BadJocks.com   On it, you'll find coaches that slept with their players....hazing involving wangs....DUIs....and the occassional teabagging incidents that seem to be the rage for wrestling teams. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Brothers Mottram shout out.  I am one of those brothers, yet i only see a picture of Jamie and not me.  Why does he get all the fame and fortune!? I shall take the glory from this battlefield, damn you!  He is nothing without me!  Having said that, he is smarter, older, wiser, and better looking.

Anonymous said...

I've never looked better, which is a rather depressing thought...

Anonymous said...

Let the record show that I was only at the Laker board on a covert information-gathering sortie from the Land of Green. We have laid low for many years, but we have risen up to strike again.

The key is the dynamic between Antoine and Paul. Paul is a slow quick forward, and Antoine is a small big forward. Neither shoots well. Both are a nightmare on defense. There is no Eastern team that would suffer more if dropped into the West to deal with Garnett, Kobe, and co.

Still, we're like 11-1 since we paired them together. Two and two have become five. The key is not to think about it tooooo much.

I have nieces and nephews in great piles, and it isn't unusual too see me pulling up to a McDonald's with 3-9 of them in my Jeep. Before we pull away from the window with that gnarly fast food, we check the bag to make sure we weren't shorted a few Happy Meals.

Sometimes the opposite happens, and we get six Happy Meals instead of the three we ordered. We don't go back and return the extra stuff....no, everyone gets two toys, and Sloppy Dog finally gets to see what all that food from the TV commercials tastes like (she won't eat the pickles....ever).

I'm like that with the Celtics right now. I'm no fan of Antoine, and I feel he will be crushed in a series against KG, Duncan, KMart, Big Ben, or whoever. When Okafor and Bosh get near the playoffs, Employee #8 will take round-by-round beatings.

This year, we just need a guy (I'm thinking former first rounder Kendrick Perkins) to come in and snap Shaq's ankle. In the next round, he goads Ben Wallace into a fight. While driving to practice in the Finals, his car will veer off the road and hit Nash, Amare and Q-Rich as they exit practice.

We here at High Above Courtside play hardball, and advocate whatever means are needed to maintain Boston's championship status. We're very parochial.

We also like the Boston Bruins, BC, and the Duxbury High School Green Dragons. Ev