Saturday, March 21, 2009

Rating the Commercials During the NCAA Tournament

One of the things that I always remember about the NCAA Tournament is the commercials. Unlike the Super Bowl where they are quick hitters and then they are gone, these commercials stick around for three weeks.

AXE: I did think that Axe deodorant commercial where dude lifts up his arms and a flow of water comes flying out. I die laughing when he high fives the people on the bench and douses them with his man-sweat.

SONIC: Sonic usually has some great commercials during March Madness ("get rid of that weak tot action!"). This year, the weak-tot twosome are eating their tater tots when one gets mad at the other for not sharing. The guy diagrams a play and ... well you just need to see the commercial.

ETRADE: I'm usually not a fan of these commercials, but thanks to it I've been humming "Broken Wings" all weekend.

WOLVERINE: Yep, the movie looks cool.

AT&T: I used to like their commercials with the two basketball fans (it was Cingular, then). They are just going back to their regular commercials about throwing away rollover minutes. Yawn.

KGB: I guess this is a company that you text a question and they'll give you the answer. That's great for people who can't Google on their cell phone, I guess.

CAPITAL ONE: Glad to see some credit card company is having a good time! I do like the Spaghetti Jimmy ad better than most of their others.

COKE: I don't which one I'm sick of more. The Coke Zero that apparently tastes like Coke or the guy who is feening for a Coke and keeps seeing Coke bottles everywhere he goes?

CHEVY: Howie Long is a trucker. He likes trucks.

1 comment:

Jenifer@SkookumsLog said...

Doesn't anybody hate the Exxon commericals!!! Jeez they take record breaking profit money to spin us on what a wonderful company they are. It should gall everybody who looks at it.