Sunday, March 22, 2009

Duke and UNC Should Always Share a Pod Site


Both North Carolina and Duke played in the Greensboro pod site for their first and second round games. In the first round, their fans were separated by a two-hour intermission where the Tar Heel fans were ushered out after watching UNC pound Radford and the Blue Devil fans came in to see Duke face Binghamton.

In round two, both games were played in front of the same audience. Much of the crowd was wearing their Carolina blue while a good section were wearing their Duke blue.

During UNC's win over LSU, the section of Duke fans cheered as the Tigers took a five-point lead in the second half. In the final minutes of Duke's close victory over Texas, the many Tar Heels fans that stuck around rooted hard for the Longhorns. Duke fans cheered "Go Tigers" while UNC fans threw up the "Hook Em Horns!" sign.

I'm not B.S.ing when I say that if I had been at that game, I swear I would have brought some sort of Texas paraphernalia with me to cheer on the Horns. And I'm not too thrilled with Texas after they came and took Mack Brown and left our football program in a decade-long funk.

No comments: