Saturday, January 21, 2023

Sportz' NFL Divisional Picks




Last week I went 4-2 with the Vikings and Chargers letting me down. 

JAGUARS at CHIEFS

The Chiefs have a week of rest while the Jags are coming off one of the greatest comebacks in NFL history. That won't happen this week. Chiefs by 13.

GIANTS at EAGLES

Man, this is tough. I have felt the Eagles have been the best team over the first 14 or so weeks of the season. Once Jalen Hurts went out, things have changed. The Giants have become more comfortable in who they are at the moment, but I still like Philly in this one. I think the week off has allowed Hurts to get a bit more healed up.  Eagles by 4.

BENGALS at BILLS

This is the first meeting between Josh Allen and Joe Burrow, making this the best QB showdown of the weekend. The key will be if Allen can stop turning the ball over. He got away with it against Miami last week but won't against Cincinnati. I'm trusting Allen protects the football and gets the win. Bills by 4.

COWBOYS at 49ERS

To me, the Niners are better than the Cowboys everywhere ... except at quarterback. While I'm not the biggest fan of Dak Prescott, this is easily the toughest opponent and defense that the rookie Purdy has faced over his short career. The key is if Dallas can make him feel uncomfortable and puts real pressure on him to make plays. They will, but not to the point where it really damages San Francisco's offense.  49ers by 7.

No comments: