Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Looking Back At My NFL Picks

Back in August, I made my preseason NFL picks.  I like to go back and praise myself on my good picks and rag on myself for the bad ones.  Usually, I do a lot more ragging.  So let's look at what we have:

NFC EAST
1-GIANTS
2-COWBOYS
3-REDSKINS
4-EAGLES


NFC SOUTH
1-FALCONS
2-SAINTS
3-PANTHERS
4-BUCCANEERS

NFC NORTH
1-PACKERS
2-BEARS
3-LIONS
4-VIKINGS

NFC WEST
1-49ERS
2-SEAHAWKS
3-RAMS
4-CARDINALS


The NFC was tough for me.  I did get the Packers as the NFC North champs ... but not much else.  Heck, I had the Eagles finishing in last place and the Falcons going to the Super Bowl.

BIG HIT:  I nailed the NFC North.  Sure, the storyline of the season didn't totally match up, but the end result did.  I felt that Green Bay had the best team and Chicago would play above their capabilities and the Vikings would cool off after a wildcard season.  Good job.

BIG MISS:  I didn't expect the Falcons to have so many injuries and that Steven Jackson wouldn't matter that much.  That was an educated guess and it was a bust.  I also didn't have much faith in the Panthers.

AFC EAST
1-PATRIOTS
2-DOLPHINS
3-JETS
4-BILLS

AFC SOUTH
1-TEXANS
2-COLTS
3-TITANS
4-JAGUARS

AFC NORTH
1-BENGALS
2-RAVENS
3-STEELERS
4-BROWNS

AFC WEST
1-BRONCOS
2-CHARGERS
3-CHIEFS
4-RAIDERS
BIG HIT:  I did pretty good on the AFC side of things.  I got the East, North and West pretty good ... not actually in order, but pretty darn close.

BIG MISS:  Um ... the Houston Texans?

No comments: